Saturday, September 28, 2013

Drive and Never Look Back

Last night my best friend gave me a proposition. We had been driving around for about an hour just talking and listening to the radio. We were driving in an area we didn't know so you can kinda say we were sorta lost. It was late at night about 11pm and we decided to pull into a parking lot of a park as we came back to a more well known area. She turns to me and was like "what if we just ran away? what if we just chucked our phones out the window and drove away with nothing but the clothes on our back, $20 in our pockets, and the blankets in the trunk?" There was a long pause and then she goes "I know we have boyfriends and all but what if we never came back? We wouldn't have to deal with the tears of people from us leaving. . . what if we just started over?" I looked at her and I laughed and smiled and said "what if? Because that is exactly what I want to do right now."
We both sat there before getting out of the car. We pulled the blankets out and then went and laid in the grass staring at the partially cloudy sky. I have to say that I was beyond tempted to just leave... to go on an adventure. I honestly don't know what stopped us from leaving because I had nothing holding me back. I scared myself last night because I came to the point where I had absolutely no guilt about leaving and was about to just leave. I think what may have been stopping us was the fact that it was the middle of the night. . . or maybe it was because we needed a few things before we could leave. . . but then I think. . . it wasn't anything we couldn't have bought along the way. I don't know what stopped us. Maybe is was the fact that we had no where to go and we both had work today. . . who knows.
I have always had this desire to just leave. To leave everything I know behind me and to start anew or at least take a long break from life. . . to be able to go on a long road trip across the U.S. and see the sights and jam out to music and explore places you've never seen before. Adventure. That's what I desire. That's what keeps me feeling alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment